cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII & RGMII

eliaz
Contributor II

Hello,

I asked beforehand about imx6q's ability to use RGMII & MII peripheries  in the same time (Can these peripheries be active in the same time)?

answer: IMX6Q has ENET module, which supports MII, RMII, RGMII interfaces Pins affected are described in Table 23-1 (ENET External Signals) of the i.MX6 RM (Rev. 3, 07/2015). Only single interface may be used at a time because of multiplexing. 

what is the origin of multiplexing? is it pin mux or other kind?

please elaborate.

Regards,

Eli

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, the IOMUX multiplexing is meant here.

Moreover, i.MX6Q has only single Ethernet MAC core, so, only one PHY and only one Ethernet interface can be used at a time.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

eliaz
Contributor II

As far as I can see RGMII doesn't use any of the pins of the MII, where does the multiplexing takes place? 

Thanks

Eli

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

When the RGMII interface is selected, the MII signals become non-functional. So, as I told before, only one interface is functional at a time.

0 Kudos