Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFGtools questions

Jump to solution
delauratfrançoi
Contributor II

Hello

My name is François. Currently I work with imx6dl sabre but for future project I will work with personnal board with an imx7.  I have several questions about mfgtools subject.

1. Can we use mfgtools to flash our personnal board (u-boot in spi nor and kernel and rootfs in emmc)?
  2. If yes, what  are the files which I have to modify?
  3. In MFGTools Can we modify "ucl2.xml" file ?
  4. If yes, can we modify "ucl2.xml" file to flash u-boot in spi nor and to flash kernel and rootfs in emmc ?
  5. In MFGTools Can we modify "mksdacrd.sh" file ?
  6. if yes, can we modify "mksdacrd.sh" file to add a new partition (currently there are tow partition).
  7. Can we creat a personnal .vbs file to personnal board.

Thanks for All Help.

Best regards

François.

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi François,

About the questions above I give you reply one by one, hope it can help you.

1 Yes, you can use the mfgtool to download the images to your personal board. But you need to to some modify.

2 Which need to modify? First you need to finish porting the BSP to your personal board, and build the images for your board. Second is the firmware for the mfgtool, you need to build the firmware images for mfgtool, and put it under the mfgtool file. ucl2.xml is also need to changed according to your design. You can refer to the default ucl2.xml to modify the file for your board. After you finish all, you also need to config the cfg.ini. Then you can use it.

3 Yes, you can.

4 You need to modify the file ucl2.xml. And you can refer to the default ucl2.xml .

5 The mksdacrd.sh file can be changed.

6 About the personnal .vbs file to personal board, Here I do not know if can make ourselves. I will confirm it for you. Could you please tell me the BSP version you using first?
Have a great day,
Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi François,

By the way, the mfgtool version is updating when the nes BSP and new chip released. So if you are using i.mx7, there will be the new and special version mfgtool for i.mx7.

Best Regards

Dan

delauratfrançoi
Contributor II

Hello Dan Wang

Thank you for all the answers.

I read all documentation of mfgtools.

For the bsp I have not yet a imx7sabre and I have not yet my personnal board but I have imx6sabre and I work with fsl_dizzy. I modify uc2l.xml and the mksdcard.sh file (I add tow partition) and its work. OK to modify the bsp and build the firmware image for mfgtools.

Best regards,

François.

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi François,

I am very glad it works OK.If any questions you can contact me easily.
Have a great day,
Dan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi François,

About the questions above I give you reply one by one, hope it can help you.

1 Yes, you can use the mfgtool to download the images to your personal board. But you need to to some modify.

2 Which need to modify? First you need to finish porting the BSP to your personal board, and build the images for your board. Second is the firmware for the mfgtool, you need to build the firmware images for mfgtool, and put it under the mfgtool file. ucl2.xml is also need to changed according to your design. You can refer to the default ucl2.xml to modify the file for your board. After you finish all, you also need to config the cfg.ini. Then you can use it.

3 Yes, you can.

4 You need to modify the file ucl2.xml. And you can refer to the default ucl2.xml .

5 The mksdacrd.sh file can be changed.

6 About the personnal .vbs file to personal board, Here I do not know if can make ourselves. I will confirm it for you. Could you please tell me the BSP version you using first?
Have a great day,
Dan

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi François,

Which version of BSP are you using?

Have a nice day

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos