cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCIMX53-START-R board can't boot up

caoping
Contributor II

hello everyone!

now i have two boards,they are both IMX53 quick starts board,one power chip is DA9053(1 GB DDR3/800) and the other is PC34708VM(1 GB DDR3/800 MXIMX53-START-R), when i download u-boot image using Mfgtools,the board with DA9053 power-chip works OK!but the other board with PC34708VM power-chip can't boot after the stage "Jumping to OS image" ,Mfgtools  stops, the error code is "-65534",

And when  i set the two boards at Serial Downloader by linking pin11 of SW1 to pin10 of SW1, when i send 0x05 0x05,they both can response,and the value is the same!

but i still can't boot the MXIMX53-START-R after i got u-boot.bin file from my supplier,who said the boot file is latest!  Before this,i put u-boot.bin at the location that u-boot-mx53-loco.bin located,and renamed the u-boot.bin for  u-boot-mx53-loco.bin

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I use the IMX_MFG_TOOL Rev #: 1.6.2.042 which is downloaded from the "Downloads" page of i.MX53QSB web page here :

< http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=IMX53QSB >

I tried it can program the Start-R board with the micro SD card..

0 Kudos

caoping
Contributor II

Hi,it still can't boot up, i suspect that there are some problems on the hardware,i will proceed to find the reason of that,Thank you for you share.

0 Kudos

RandyKrakora
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Did you use uboot that came with the tool download or uboot that you had been using?

0 Kudos

caoping
Contributor II

yes,i use uboot that came with the tool download.

0 Kudos

RandyKrakora
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It sounds like the mfg. kernel that is used during reprogramming is not compatible with the START-R board. Can you boot the START-R board with the Ubuntu uSD card that came with it?

0 Kudos

caoping
Contributor II

i have not done like that,The image that came with it  is broken,

0 Kudos

RandyKrakora
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What errors are there when you boot the board with the card that came with it?

0 Kudos

caoping
Contributor II

when i use the Mfgtools version 1.6.2.042,it will stop at the "Jumping to OS image" stage

the error information in the mfgtol.log  is :

Thursday, October 25, 2012 09:02:56

1 - Panel A Start processing MX53LOCO-SD <LIST/>. Panel A Start <CMD/> type="boot" body="BootStrap" file="u-boot-mx53-loco.bin" timeout="10" onError="" text="Read from DDR script from U-Boot to init DDR Memory.".

1 - Panel A Finished <CMD/> type="boot" body="BootStrap" file="u-boot-mx53-loco.bin" timeout="10" onError="" text="Read from DDR script from U-Boot to init DDR Memory." SUCCESS code=0. Panel A Start <CMD/> type="load" body="" file="uImage" timeout="10" onError="" text="Doing Kernel.".

1 - Panel A Finished <CMD/> type="load" body="" file="uImage" timeout="10" onError="" text="Doing Kernel." SUCCESS code=0. Panel A Start <CMD/> type="load" body="" file="initramfs.cpio.gz.uboot" timeout="10" onError="" text="Doing Initramfs.".

1 - Panel A Finished <CMD/> type="load" body="" file="initramfs.cpio.gz.uboot" timeout="10" onError="" text="Doing Initramfs." SUCCESS code=0. Panel A Start <CMD/> type="jump" body="" file="" timeout="10" onError="" text=" Jumping to OS image. ".

1 - Panel A Finished <CMD/> type="jump" body="" file="" timeout="10" onError="" text=" Jumping to OS image. " SUCCESS code=0. Panel A Start <CMD/> type="find" body="Updater" file="" timeout="180" onError="" text="". Panel A UtpUpdate Event: DeviceRemoval Msg: (null) DevState: Disconnected OpState: WAITING_FOR_DEVICE Panel A UtpUpdate Event: DeviceArrival Msg: (null) DevState: BootStrap OpState: WAITING_FOR_DEVICE

1 - Panel A Finished <CMD/> type="find" body="Updater" file="" timeout="180" onError="" text="" FAIL code=-65530. Panel A: failed to run command: type="find" body="Updater" file="" timeout="180" onError="" text="" ,, Error code:-65530 2 - Panel A Finished processing MX53LOCO-SD <LIST/> : FAIL code=-65530. Panel A:

0 Kudos

RandyKrakora
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm not 100% certain on the terminology used, but in my experience "loco" refers to old QSB ( DA9053 ) and START-R refers to newer QSB - QSB-R ( PC34708VM ). The uboot file you are downloading is named with "loco" so I wonder it that file and the kernel with it are both for the older QSB and therefore will not work on newer QSB-R. I would try to find a "qsb-r" or "start-r" uboot and kernel and modify the mfg. tool scripts to use those ( or create another target ) for programming the QSB-R.

0 Kudos

caoping
Contributor II

Thank you everyone! The problem has been resolved,When i change another board from my supplier,who said it worked well. All things are right! and the version that I used now is that jimmychan has said.

The  IMX_MFG_TOOL Rev #: 1.6.2.042

< http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=IMX53QSB >

thank you,everyone.and there exists some problem on the version I think.different board should use different version.

0 Kudos