Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LibCEC support (using pulse-eight) for SABRE board

Jump to solution
alokkumar
Contributor III

Hi,

I am testing LibCEC support (using pulse-eight) for SABRE board. It seems HDMI CEC functionality is hooked up on SABRE board.

While running cec-client, it throws following

cec-client -l
WARNING: [               2] libCEC has not been compiled with detection code for the Pulse-Eight USB-CEC Adapter, so the path to the COM port has to be provided to libCEC if this adapter is being used
Found devices: NONE

Could someone pass advice for me how to test this ?
Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks a lot
Alok

0 Kudos
1 Solution
pulse-eight
Contributor I

The public edition of libCEC has no built in support for this specific dev board, you will need to purchase a commercial license for this support.

The error message you are receiving is because the library is specifically looking for the Pulse-Eight adapter, which is what the GPL edition of libCEC is capable of connecting to.

I suggest you contact Pulse-Eight for additional support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pulse-eight
Contributor I

The public edition of libCEC has no built in support for this specific dev board, you will need to purchase a commercial license for this support.

The error message you are receiving is because the library is specifically looking for the Pulse-Eight adapter, which is what the GPL edition of libCEC is capable of connecting to.

I suggest you contact Pulse-Eight for additional support

0 Kudos
alokkumar
Contributor III

I do have hdmi CEC support enabled in kernel (by default it is not enable). I could see hdmi-CEC message initialize in dmesg.

Any help how for test program of HDMI-CEC  is highly appreciated

0 Kudos
alokkumar
Contributor III

Anyone to throw any ideas ? I am trying to put TV in standby mode using HDMI-CEC but no success .

0 Kudos