Latest MfgTool console based UI does not display anything.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest MfgTool console based UI does not display anything.

Jump to solution
dragonian
Contributor I

Previously I was using the MfgTool with the -noui flag to load boards via console view.  This does not seem to be working with a later version.   I needed this newer version to support MX6 SX.

Output from old version:

Manufacture Tool (Library: 2.2.3)

Device 1[Hub 0--Port 0]: No Device Connected

Start updating......

Device 1 - Waiting for device connect......

success: 0 -- failed: 0

There is no output from the newer version.  It *does* seem to operate just fine (copies files, boots, jumps, etc), other than you have indication of the progress.

The GUI reports library 2.6.2

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RossMcLuckie
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Can you confirm which version of mfgtool you are using -

Embedded Linux for i.MX Applications Processors|NXP 

If you haven't already tried the L4.1.15_2.0.0 version, dated 10/10/2016 please do so and let me know if that works, if not you could also try the L4.1.15_1.0.0 version dated 11/3/2016.

In theory the 2.0.0 should work, but a similar sounding bug was fixed for a customer on 6DQ parts, around March, but fix missed the initial 4.1.15 release, however it is now marked as new and the 11/3 date is a few days after the original fix.

If neither of these work I can go back to the the mfgtool team and try to find out what happened to the earlier fix.

Thanks

Ross

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RossMcLuckie
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Can you confirm which version of mfgtool you are using -

Embedded Linux for i.MX Applications Processors|NXP 

If you haven't already tried the L4.1.15_2.0.0 version, dated 10/10/2016 please do so and let me know if that works, if not you could also try the L4.1.15_1.0.0 version dated 11/3/2016.

In theory the 2.0.0 should work, but a similar sounding bug was fixed for a customer on 6DQ parts, around March, but fix missed the initial 4.1.15 release, however it is now marked as new and the 11/3 date is a few days after the original fix.

If neither of these work I can go back to the the mfgtool team and try to find out what happened to the earlier fix.

Thanks

Ross

0 Kudos
dragonian
Contributor I

I just tried again both of the versions that you mentioned.

L4.1.15_2.0.0 version, dated 10/10/2016 Seems to work.

Flashing board...
Manufacture Tool (Library: 2.7.0)
Device 1[Hub 5--Port 7]: No Device Connected
Start updating......
Device 0 - Waiting for device connect......
success: 0 -- failed: 0

I tried L4.1.15_1.0.0 version dated 11/3/2016, and it did not work.  There was no console UI like I described previously.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RossMcLuckie
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks for testing and the update Glen, this matches the timeline I had for the fix also.

Regards

Ross

0 Kudos
GordyCarlson
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

karinavalencia

Karina,  I've also confirmed this operation on my SX  board.  Can you elevate this to the iMX6SoloX apps team for additional investigation and comment? 

Many thanks!

Gordy Carlson

NXP FAE - Upstate NY

0 Kudos
dragonian
Contributor I

I have not.  This is still a problem. 

It would be nice to get some support from NXP.

0 Kudos
diego_casanova
Contributor I

Same Problem here...

Have you already found a solution?

0 Kudos
dragonian
Contributor I

I don't think this is the case.  I specify all of the parameters that are needed.

FreescaleMfgTools\MfgTool2.exe -noui -c "Linux" -l "LINUX-eMMC-RED"

The opertation runs.. with the correct files, however I still am not seeing any output.  The command returns, and runs in the background.  This is unacceptable as there is no status if it is working or not, and you cannot close the process.

This is a problem.

0 Kudos
b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please make sure that you set all required option in commandline.
I mean the options like these:

mfgtool2.exe -noui -c linux -l SDCard -s board=sabresd -s mmc=0

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos