LPDDR2 support in i.MX6DL ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPDDR2 support in i.MX6DL ?

mikemandeville
Contributor II

I have a question regarding using LPDDR2 with a i.MX6DL.  The Reference Manual shows that it supports LPDDR2 2-channels x16, x32.  We want to have multi-core support, but want to save power on memory and plan to use Micron (MT42L256M32D2LG-25) LPDDR2.  Does the multi-core i.MX6DL require 2-channels of DDR or can a single channel be used?  In addition, would using a single channel have any significant impact on dual core processing?

Labels (4)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Yogee
Contributor III

Hi,

Have you used this LPDDR2 on IMX6DL since we have interfaced LPDDR2 from Nanya single Ch/Single Die 512MB (4Gb Part) x32 on IMX6Solo and having serious issues since its not working at all. We are unable to carryout stress test by connecting it to Host PC thru USB OTG. Voltages/SoC clocks are ok.

We are not able to get LPDDR2 clock at all.

Yogee

0 Kudos

AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Mike

As far as I know, the MMDC has two channels, you can use either single or dual channels, no matter how many COREs you used, using single channel of MMDC may bring some performance drop compared to dual channels. One word, single channel's performance is less than dual channel, but has no direct relation with COREs number.

0 Kudos