cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Freescale git server down

ephraimschoenfe
Contributor II

Hi,

I am building yocto krogoth for imx6 based varsite reference board. 

I build successfully several time last week but on a fresh install I got the following errors

===========================

WARNING: firmware-imx-1_5.4-r0 do_fetch: Failed to fetch URL git://git.freescale.com/imx/imx-firmware.git;branch=master;destsuffix=/home/ephraim/var-imx-yocto-krogoth/build_x11/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-mx6qdl-poky-linux-gnueabi/firmware-imx/1_5.4-r0/firmware-imx-5.4/git, attempting MIRRORS if available
ERROR: firmware-imx-1_5.4-r0 do_fetch: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 128, output:
Cloning into bare repository '/home/ephraim/var-imx-yocto-krogoth/downloads//git2/git.freescale.com.imx.imx-firmware.git'...
fatal: read error: Connection reset by peer

ERROR: firmware-imx-1_5.4-r0 do_fetch: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL: 'git://git.freescale.com/imx/imx-firmware.git;branch=master;destsuffix=/home/ephraim/var-imx-yocto-krogoth/build_x11/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-mx6qdl-poky-linux-gnueabi/firmware-imx/1_5.4-r0/firmware-imx-5.4/git'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/ephraim/var-imx-yocto-krogoth/build_x11/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-mx6qdl-poky-linux-gnueabi/firmware-imx/1_5.4-r0/temp/log.do_fetch.2585
ERROR: Task 1867 (/home/ephraim/var-imx-yocto-krogoth/sources/meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-bsp/recipes-bsp/firmware-imx/firmware-imx_5.4.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'

has someone seen this issue recently ?

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
13 Replies

azharuddin
Contributor I

Thanks for the providing the information. Visit here! https://goo.gl/xBrJBA

0 Kudos

silviotaurisano
Contributor I

Seems that today it is down again, or is just me?

ERROR: linux-imx-4.1.15-r0 do_fetch: Fetcher failure for URL: 'git://git.freescale.com/imx/linux-imx.git;branch=imx_4.1.15_2.0.0_ga'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.

0 Kudos

csoapy
Contributor III

You are not alone. 

u-boot-imx git-download failed today for me.

error: connect xxx by peer

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

the server issue is fixed now, pls try it again

0 Kudos

simonecumar
Contributor II

Trying to download the linux-imx repo and still facing a lot of troubles, from connection reset by peer to early-eof.
Looking at how often questions like this appear in this forum, the issue is far from being solved. Is there any workaround with an alternative server?

michaeldonahoe
Contributor II

Happened to me also...took multiple attempts to get it to complete.

0 Kudos

nobodyniemand
Contributor I

The same here. I always do the following: bitbake -c fetchall <target>. but I tried 3x, before server allowed me to download package firmware-imx_5.4.bin. Well!

0 Kudos

rikardolander
Contributor II

The git clone failed, got this

Cloning into 'linux-imx'...
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
fatal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack failed.

rikardolander
Contributor II

I have used git clone with both links (git://git.freescale.com/imx/linux-imx.git and http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/linux-imx.git) since moday this week but always got some sort of failures. Often it stops to get respones from the server. I have started a new git clone today and maybe it will work(i will see in a couple of hours). We also run every night at midnight a new build from scratch and since september it has failed seven times to build yocto on morty branch and on day time it does not work at all from the same server or development PCs. (UTC +1)

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

how about download the source code from Freescale Public GIT , then build it? it seems the server doesn't work

0 Kudos

bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, for one or the other reason the GIT server is sometimes not reachable. If you have the need for various builds based on the same release, then it's useful to download all sources one time and base the following builds then on (a copy of) the local sources:

$ bitbake -c fetchall target

In this manual in chapter 5.15 you find some more information:   Yocto Project Development Manual 

0 Kudos

rikardolander
Contributor II

I have the same problem since a week ago for both build yocto on morty and pyro branch.

0 Kudos

csoapy
Contributor III

In recent 2 weeks, other guys have this problem:

git clone kernel_imx fail ??? | NXP Community  https://community.nxp.com/thread/461303

git clone error from git.freescale.com | NXP Community  https://community.nxp.com/thread/461334

In 2016, according google search, the same problem fired in Apr/Aug/Sep/Dec 

And now we have this problem too.

And the web site http://git.freescale.com/git/  is very very very slow.

0 Kudos