Is it possible to build Yocto Project using remote Linux Server?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to build Yocto Project using remote Linux Server?

Jump to solution
anaseem
Contributor IV

I need to build Yocto Project and load image into SD card.  Is it possible to use remote Linux server to build Yocto Project?  I will access Linux server from secure terminal running in my windows PC.  If yes, how will I load built image into SD card because Linux server is in remote location.

Tags (1)
1 Solution
radhikasomaiya
Senior Contributor II

Hi Amer Naseem,

It is possible to use remote Linux server to build Yocto Project. To load/flash compiled sdcard image, you need to transfer that image to your windows PC from remote server. Then you can load the image to sdcard.

Regards,

Radhika Somaiya.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
radhikasomaiya
Senior Contributor II

Hi Amer Naseem,

It is possible to use remote Linux server to build Yocto Project. To load/flash compiled sdcard image, you need to transfer that image to your windows PC from remote server. Then you can load the image to sdcard.

Regards,

Radhika Somaiya.

anaseem
Contributor IV

How to load 'fsl-image-validation-imx' image into sdcard?  This image is specified on page 8 of i.MX Yocto Project User's Guide.

Documents talk about loading image onto an SD card using Linux dd command.  Instead, is it possible to transfer SD card image(.sdcard) to windows computer and then how to load/flash this image to SD card?

Regards,

Amer

0 Kudos
anaseem
Contributor IV

Balena Etcher tool worked for loading/flashing Linux image into SD card from windows PC.  This tool is easy to use.

0 Kudos