Hi NXP Team,
I am integrating the sony i.MX219 sensor with i.MX8M Plus. It is a RAW10 and RAW8 sensor, for now we are not targetting ISP and just focusing on capturing raw images.
- We are using only MIPI lines and I2C lines in our design. There is no other reset, power down or master clock line associated with camera.
- As the camera is RAW sensor, I have added the support of RAW10 and RAW8 in ISI and MIPI CSI driver. (Changes are in attachment)
- Using the "mx8_v4l2_cap_drm.out" utility available in "unit-test/V4L2" to verify the RAW10/RAW8 dump. It was not supporting RAW10 and RAW8, so I have also modified the utility as well to support RAW format. (Changes are in attachment)
Command used for raw dump:
- ./mx8_v4l2_cap_drm.out -cam 1 -d /dev/video1 -num 1 -of -ow 640 -oh 480 -fr 30 -fmt GBRG10
- ./mx8_v4l2_cap_drm.out -cam 1 -d /dev/video1 -num 1 -of -ow 640 -oh 480 -fr 30 -fmt GBRG8
- dts.txt - Device tree node for sensor and MIPI CSI.
- imx219_logs.txt - Kernel mipi logs and media-ctl, v4l2 related device information
- 0001-Added-support-of-RAW10-and-RAW8-in-MIPI-CSI-and-ISI.patch - Changes in Kernel Driver
- 0001-Modified-mx8_v4l2_cap_drm-utility-for-adding-RAW-sen.patch - Changes in mx8_v4l2_cap_drm.c utility.
- 0.GBRG8_480p.raw - Image with RAW8 dump
- 0.GBRG10_480p - Image with RAW10 dump
- In device tree, we have this "csis-hs-settle", "csis-clk-settle" and "csis-wclk" property. Can you please help us in identifying which value should be placed here? I found the Table for mipi clock frequency in forum, however, that was for i.MX7D and not i.MX8MPlus. Can you suggest which value should we keep here?
- For RAW10 I have modified in ISI and the depth is kept as 16 bit. Is it proper? Is anything needs to be added anywhere in kernel to add support for RAW10/RAW8 sensor apart form the changes I did?
- From the RAW dump file you can see that out of 480p I am only able to get the 120 lines. Rest of the image lines are totally black. Can it be due to hs-settle configuration?
- Is the utility appropriate to test the RAW dump, or some other commands/method should be used?
Any In-line pointers on above questions will be much helpful, as I am stuck with ISI and looking for suggestions ASAP. Thanks in advance.