IMXRT1060 - Load app directly to SDRAM without Debug

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMXRT1060 - Load app directly to SDRAM without Debug

pauricacre
Contributor III

I'm looking for a way to load my application directly into SDRAM and then run it. Is there a way to do this without using the Debug feature on MCUxpresso?

I'm using a jlink programmer and It looks like it can be done through the jlink command line but it would take me a while to figure out the commands I need to use to load the file. I also need to load a script to configure the SDRAM which I already use successfully in the debugger of MCUxpresso.

Is there a tool from NXP to achieve this?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Is there a tool from NXP to achieve this?
-- Please follow the post to generate a boot image that is executed in the SDRAM finally.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

pauricacre
Contributor III

I'm already able to make the image successfully. I'm looking for an alternative way to load the bin file into the SDRAM and execute. At this stage I don't want to write the file to flash, just load the program to SDRAM.

I can do this through MCUxpresso already but I want an easier option of loading the program. I don't want to debug, just execute the application in SDRAM.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I'm afraid it's too hard to implement your purpose.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos