Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8MM evk not able to program

santhosh2
Contributor IV

Hello,

Previously i was able to flash the imx8mm evk with new image in emmc,

Observation: The previously loaded image boots properly, But  after changing the switch to flashing mode i am not able to program the new image now. What may be the issue. 

IMG20210804150549.jpg

Regards

Santhosh Kumar S

0 Kudos
4 Replies

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Could you please share more information, for example how are you trying to flash the eMMC?

I suppose that you're trying to flash Linux, could you share the version as well?

Also, I couldn't see that well the dip switch value from the image you have shared, if possible write the value of the SW1101 & SW1102.

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos

santhosh2
Contributor IV

Hello,

Could you please share more information, for example how are you trying to flash the eMMC?

santhosh: Yes Iam trying to flash into eMMC via serial port (Debug)

I suppose that you're trying to flash Linux, could you share the version as well?

Santhosh: Yes i am trying to flash linux and version is 4.14.78-imx_4.14.78_1.0.0_ga+g94da7bd

I was using below switch position for flashing the image, but from few days i am not able to flash the new image

sw1ONOFFONOFFONONOFFOFFOFFON

sw2OFFOFFOFFONOFFONOFFONOFFOFF

Please help

Regards

Santhosh Kumar S

0 Kudos

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you for sharing more information, everything looks correct, the only thing that I would like you to share more in detail is how are you flashing the image.

For an example on how to flash an i.MX8MM EVK you may refer to the following document:
https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/Flashing-Linux-BSP-using-UUU/ta-p/111067...

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos

santhosh2
Contributor IV

Hello, 

I am using the uuu tool to flash, but the issue i am facing is, its is not detecting the download USB type C port. Normally when you put in program mode it should detect the NXP semiconductor but now the Port is not getting detected,  I am getting the below massage when i do dmesg command in terminal.

What might be the issue

usbdownload.png

Regards

Santhosh Kumar S

0 Kudos