Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8M series processor regarding LCDIF interface

karan_chauhan
Contributor II

Hi All and karinavalencia‌,

I have queries on the i.MX8M processor as follow:
1. Does i.MX8M (Dual lite/Dual/Quad) series processor supported LCDIF (parallel RGB666/888) interface? 
I have downloaded the technical datasheet document#  "IMX8MDQLQIEC" from NXP website which has information about the LCDIF parallel interface and also written that it supports the LCDIF interface but does not have pins information.  The same information has been given in the reference manual of i.MX8M series processor in detailed document# "IMX8MDQLQRM" but on the NXP website  mentioned that LCDIF (parallel RGB666/888) interface is not available in the i.MX8M series but it is available in the i.MX8 series processor. Can anyone clarify on this?
2. Can anyone share the i.MX8M series processor complete pin muxing report ?
3. Can anyone share the release date of the i.MX8 (Dual Core cortex -A72 and quad core cortex -A53) series processor which is in the pre production status right now on NXP website?
Thanks!
Best Regards,
Karan Chauhan
11 Replies

shivumatha
Contributor I

I am using IMX8 mini board. I am not getting LCDIF pin details in my reference manual. Please provide me the details

0 Kudos

karan_chauhan
Contributor II

Hi joanxie‌,

Thank you for information!

Could please answer it my below questions?

1. We have Parallel RGB666/888 LCD and want to connect it with the i.MX8MQ processor. Can anyone suggest me the suitable solutions? Any bridge or converter which NXP has been suggested for this type of application which could work straight forward.

Best Regards,

Karan Chauhan

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

currently, we don't have such solution, only imx8QX has it

karan_chauhan
Contributor II

Hi joanxie‌ and karinavalencia,

Thank you for answering the questions!

For Parallel LCDIF interface you can check in below image Column "HMI & Multimedia" mentioned that Parallel display interface available in i.MX8 (It is "1") and in i.MX8M parallel display not available (It is "0"). You can see the yellow highlighted marks in attached image. 

pastedImage_6.png

If you need a more information about the parallel LCDIF interface although it is not available in the i.MX8M processor but its description has been 

given in the reference manual document# "IMX8MDQLQRM" page no. 4530 section :13.2 Enhanced LCD Interface (eLCDIF).

Awaiting for your reply!

Best Regards,

Karan Chauhan

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

yes, imx8M doesn't have parallel ineterface but imx8qx has it

0 Kudos

karan_chauhan
Contributor II

Hi joanxie‌,

Thank you for clarification!

Could you please share me i.MX8QX datasheet want to check the out the features supported by and LCDIF interface PIN information and its multiplexing ?

Regards,

Karan Chauhan

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

unfortuately imx8x is still under preproductoin,  I don't have such public information.

0 Kudos

karan_chauhan
Contributor II

karinavalencia‌,

Thank you for update!

Awaiting for the response!

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1) could you tell me which document mentions "LCDIF (parallel RGB666/888) interface is not available in the i.MX8M series but it is available in the i.MX8 series processor. "? let me double check it, I couldn't find this information from the link you sent

2) pls refer to the link as below:

Pins Tool for i.MX v5 Now Available 

3)i.mx8 is under preproduction, we couldn't share this on public community

4) for ISP,  do you mean ISP SW? I don't hear such solution for imx8

5)for imx8M, vpu supports decoding on HW and encoding on SW, for imx8 vpu(HW) supports encoding and decoding

you can see this from Block Diagram from the nxp website

i.MX 8M Applications Processor | Arm® Cortex®-A53, Cortex-M4 | 4K display resolution |NXP 

karan_chauhan
Contributor II

Hi All and karinavalencia‌,

Can anyone help me on below questions from ISP side:

1) Does iMX8 and iMX8M support ISP for image processing and does it use CPU or specialized hardware?
2) In datasheet it is mentioned iMX8 and iMX8M support h264 encoding and decoding, is hardware encoder and decoder there or it will use cpu for that?
Thanks
Best Regards,
Karan Chauhan
0 Kudos

karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Karan,

Support team will review this case and provide you follow up.

0 Kudos