cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6S OCRAM access

fabricealcindor
Contributor II

Hi,

In the thread of VPU driver implementation I need to use internal RAM. On the linux driver OCRAM is used for this purpose.

What are the pre-requisite to use this memory. I actually fail trying to access this memory. I tried some clocks setup without any success.

Regards,

Fabrice

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Fabrice

Can you tell me which memory space you tried to access, and how you accessed it?

0 Kudos

fabricealcindor
Contributor II

Hi

I try to access the internal RAM of  IMX6 solo so called  OCRAM at address 0x00900000 by simple C instruction like

*(0x00900000)=0.

0 Kudos

AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have you considered the MMU enabled case, where did you put this code? In kernel? If it is in kernel, then the physical address can NOT be accessed directly.

0 Kudos

fabricealcindor
Contributor II

I tried in a linux user-space application and a vxworks task. in last case MMU is not enabled.

0 Kudos

AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Then I can NOT understand why, the only possibility is that MMU is enabled, can you try it in uboot with md command?

0 Kudos

fabricealcindor
Contributor II

indeed I can access to this memory during uboot. So MMU might be enabled. I'll check that.

Thanks

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Fabrice

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Fabrice

We have not got your response yet and will close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Fabrice

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos