Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6Q capture linux driver

Jump to solution
Selea
Senior Contributor I

DEars,

I have a question to better understand and use the video capture part of the imx6Q.

I can see in driver /media/video/imx/capture that i have ov5642.c driver (it configure I"c interface to the sensor, init register, etc etc... if mipi set up also the mipi interface).

then I have several layers (CIS, IPU , etc) the the last one I suppose is the V4l_imX)_capture

First question is:

1) is there any schematic block to better understand the relationship between them?)

2) all of that layer has their own ioctls... how i can specify wich one i want to use. (i.e the mirror or rotate can be done by IPU or by sensor itself.... how i can say from V4L2 to use that ioctl or that other....)?

Thanks

Omar Pighi

0 Kudos
1 Solution
rogerio_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Omar,

1 - For documentation about relationship between ipu linux drivers, you can check the document "Lnux_6DQ_RM_L3.0.35_1.1.0.pdf" chapter 5.2 - Software Operation, pages 49 and 50. You can find this document inside L3.0.35_1.1.0_LINUXDOCS_BUNDLE package.

2 - If you use V4L2 driver, it will handle the ipu functions (e.g. rotaion, resize and etc) as needed. To know or change the way V4L2 works, you need to check/change its source code : linux/driver/media/video/mxc/output/mxc_vout.c.

Rgds

Rogerio

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
rogerio_silva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Omar,

1 - For documentation about relationship between ipu linux drivers, you can check the document "Lnux_6DQ_RM_L3.0.35_1.1.0.pdf" chapter 5.2 - Software Operation, pages 49 and 50. You can find this document inside L3.0.35_1.1.0_LINUXDOCS_BUNDLE package.

2 - If you use V4L2 driver, it will handle the ipu functions (e.g. rotaion, resize and etc) as needed. To know or change the way V4L2 works, you need to check/change its source code : linux/driver/media/video/mxc/output/mxc_vout.c.

Rgds

Rogerio

0 Kudos