Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6Q boot modes selection

Jump to solution
gregoryciapa
Contributor II

Hi,

On my carrier board based on an IMX6Q, we boot using Internal Mode and GPIO pins to select the boot device ( an SD Card for development purposes right now).

However, i would like to know if we can boot from an SD Card first or USB, and then if no SD Card or USB device is found, perform an eMMC boot.

From the documentation, ( IMX6DQRM.pdf, chapter 8 ), it seems to me that it is not possible.

Does anyone knows how to achieve this ?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi gregoryciapa

unfortunately such boot option is not supported for i.MX6Q, however

in next i.MX6 products  "Manufacture Mode" was added with similar

behavior. Its description can be found in Chapter  System Boot of Reference Manual.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Rajeswari
Contributor I

Hi, 

We have developed a carrier board for the MCIMX6Q7CVT08AD and we have missed to connect the Boot mode 0 and Boot mode 1 pins to supply or ground. And we have an option to select the boot mode using EIM bus. Is there any option to select the boot mode without boot mode pins configuration with the silicon revision 1.3

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi gregoryciapa

unfortunately such boot option is not supported for i.MX6Q, however

in next i.MX6 products  "Manufacture Mode" was added with similar

behavior. Its description can be found in Chapter  System Boot of Reference Manual.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!