IMX6Q Android 6 "Starting kernel" freeze

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6Q Android 6 "Starting kernel" freeze

leonardoprates
Contributor III

I have a custom board based on IMX6Q SabreSD. I have created the images using Android Users Guide. Uboot works well and calls kernel, but after "Starting kernel" it freezes.

For test purpose I have changed boot.img and recovery.img to prebuilt images. The uboot.imx and system.img (compiled by me) are untouched in SDCard and with this configuration kernel starts. This test excludes problems in uboot or env variables passed to the kernel.

I followed exactly the android user guide procedures, what can be wrong?

IIn kernel compile process address passed is LOADADDR=0x10008000, but when uboot calls I see addresses with 0x12000000 and 0x14000000. Why?

I have created boot.img and recovery.img using second step in documentation with:

make bootimage BUILD_TARGET_DEVICE=sd

make recoveryimage BUILD_TARGET_DEVICE=sd

How can I be sure that images created are really for SD? I think my problem could be related with these memory address or boot.img not correct for SD.

Thanks,

Leonardo

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

leonardoprates
Contributor III

User's guide instructs to flash boot.img, but the correct (in my case) is boot-imx6q.img. Now I can boot android.

0 Kudos

SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you for posting the solution Leonardo.

0 Kudos

wimvanloocke
Contributor I

Hi,

I have the same issue.  Used the mfgtool to flash the sd card with the prebuilds i have downloaded,... Starting kernel freezes,..

If i do a warm boot, sometimes i goes further but crashes in paging,..

I have also build from the sources, i have same issue.

I have noticed that the system.img file in de prebuild is not the raw version, but when using the script to format SD card and copy the images on the SD card, sim2img is used to create raw image and to copy it on the SD card.

Kind regards,

Wim

0 Kudos