Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6 power mode transition

htlee
Contributor I

Hi All:

I have some questions about the IMX6.

In the IMX6 reference manual chapter 60, table 60-3 power mode transitions “Normal to OFF, by button”, the alarm timer is set up by software routine and started.

1. Can I modify the alarm timer to become 10 sec? After 10 sec, the “PMIC_ON_REQ” goes “0”.

2. Can I modify the software not to start the alarm timer? Will the “PMIC_ON_REQ” not go “0”, if the software does not start the alarm timer?

3. Is the software rountine is provided by NXP? For example, in the demo board software.

Your help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

htlee
Contributor I

Hi Igor:

Thanks for the response. Yes, I am using the external PMIC. How about my questions above? Is it possible to do that?

Best Regards

HT Lee

0 Kudos

htlee
Contributor I

Hi Igor:

Thanks for the response. I am using the IMX6 Dual Lite. I do not quite understand your answer. Do you mean IMX6 does not support table 60-3 power mode transitions in dumb PMIC mode?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi HT

supported only configuration with external pmic

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi HT

on i.MX6Q only DUMB PMIC option is supported.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos