cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6 Sololite - Display interface

vijayan
Contributor I

Hi,

In our design,  We have 2MP/ 30 fps camera module connected to the imx6 using CSI 10 bit interface. Also,a 240x 240 resolution LCD is connected to the processor through 8 bit MPU LCDIF mode. But in the imx6 reference manual page-833, it is said that, the moving picture is not supported under MPU mode LCDIF interface. From my understanding, if the video from the camera would be scaled down to the LCD resolution @ lower bandwidth (through pixel pipeline ?) and then fed to the LCDIF through MPU mode at modest data rate. Can anyone please confirm, whether above design implementation through this imx6 sololite processor is possible/ will work ? Or share the comments on conflicts on above implementation.

Regards,
Vijayan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vijayan

description "moving picture is not supported under MPU" just means

usage of smart (with intarnal memory and refreshing) LCDs. That is i.MX6

does not refresh image, LCD holds last written image and refresh it internally.

That means that in program you should refresh it sending commands with new image

from i.MX to LCD, I think that 30fps (once per 30ms) is quite feasible task

for i.MX6SL (having LCD port up to 225 Mpixels/sec IMX6SLCEC  p.5).

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

vijayan
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the reply. From the comment, my understanding is, MPU 8bit LCDIF mode can be used only with smart LCD display if the moving picture (video) need to be display. Is it correct ? Currently in our design, MPU 8bit LCDIF mode is not connected to smart display. In this case, is there any possible way to run the moving picture in this display (2MP/30fps camera -> 240x240 display ?

Regards,
Vijayan

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vijayan

by definition MPU LCDIF mode is controlled by software, not matter what LCD

is connected to it. Usually it is smart LCDs. One can display moving picture

refreshing LCD image from LCDIF, sending appropriate commands to LCD with necessary

frequency.

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos