I need WinCE patch to support BT656 and BT1120 Output For i.MX515 BSP ,who can help me ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need WinCE patch to support BT656 and BT1120 Output For i.MX515 BSP ,who can help me ?

Jump to solution
Contributor I

I need wince patch to support BT656 and BT1120 Output For i.MX515 BSP  ,who can help me ?

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!
0 Kudos
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ming,

The maximal input clock supported by the vide CSI in i.MX51 is 120 MHz.

The limit of 45 MP/sec assumes:

-          2 bus cycles per pixel; e.g. BT.656

-          35% blanking overhead.

The standard pixel clock rate for 1280x720 @ 60 fps is 75 MHz, so the CSI supports this rate with BT.1120 (10+10-bit bus; 1 bus cycle per pixel), but not with BT.656.

1280x720 @ 60 fps could be possible with BT.656 only if the blanking overhead can be reduced below ~8.5% (~120M / (1280x720x60x2) )

In case of BT1120 Any scaling operation of PSF or Interlaced image would require first converting the image to Progressive format, prior to scaling. So I’m not sure that I clearly understand your use case.

Note that our Linux or WinCE BSP software packages may not include support for some unusual cases. The answers here are related to hardware capabilities only.

"By default, camera driver for i.MX51 Windows CE BSP can not support interlaced CSI input. Please do following changes to the camera driver to support interlaced CSI input:

1) open    filewince600\platform\imx51-3ds\files\platform.reg, for the registry item "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\Camera]", field ""CameraId", change the CameraId from 0 to 4 or 5. Value 4 or 5 to CameraId means interlaced CSI input.

2) Open file wince600\platform\common\src\soc\common_fsl_v2\ipuv3\camera\pdd\sensorpdd.cpp, go to function ReadCSIInterfaceFromRegistry(), note the following segment of code: case 4: case 5: //reserved for TVin support

#if 0 //Tvin maybe interlace mode or progressive mode m_PrtclInf.mode = CSI_CCIR_PROGRESSIVE_BT656_MODE, m_PrtclInf.mode = CSI_CCIR_INTERLACE_BT656_MODE; // Set the following parameters due to the interlace or progressive mode m_PrtclInf.PreCmd; m_PrtclInf.Field0FirstBlankStartCmd; m_PrtclInf.Field0FirstBlankEndCmd; m_PrtclInf.Field0SecondBlankStartCmd; m_PrtclInf.Field0SecondBlankEndCmd; m_PrtclInf.Field0ActiveStartCmd; m_PrtclInf.Field0ActiveEndCmd; #endif m_bCsiTstMode = FALSE; break; The code segment between "#if 0" and "#endif" is reserved for interlaced mode CSI input. Please enable this code segment to enable interlaced mode support ----- that means, customer should change "#if 0" to

"#if 1" and set the value of parameters: m_PrtclInf.Field0FirstBlankStartCmd, m_PrtclInf.Field0FirstBlankEndCmd, m_PrtclInf.Field0SecondBlankStartCmd, m_PrtclInf.Field0SecondBlankEndCmd,m_PrtclInf.Field0ActiveStartCmd,m_PrtclInf.Field0ActiveEndCmd according to their camera type."

Unfortunately there is no any patch for wince with the implementaton.

Hope this helps

Contributor I

Hi  Bio_TICFSL:

Thanks for your answer.But I need WinCE patch For i.MX515  to support BT656 or BT1120 Output on DI0  or DI1 , not on CSI .

0 Kudos
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is no ready to use patch from Freescale to support BT656 or BT1120 display output on i.MX51 processors.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos