I.MX6 Quad CSI-2 Expander / Switch For Another Input

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MX6 Quad CSI-2 Expander / Switch For Another Input

brightwang
Contributor III

Would You Please Provide Us Suggestion In Our Case That We Need CSI-2 To Interface Silicon Image's AEC-Q100 MHL/HDMI Receiver But Will Also Need CSI-2 For TI's FPDLINK Deserializer For Camera. Unfortunately I.MX6 Series Processor Only Has One CSI-2 Interface. So We're Considering To Use Your Logic Parts / Specific Design To Such A Problem As Ours. The Considering Parts Are Here:

NX3DV642

Is A High Speed 3 Lane MIPI Compatible Switch

With Such A Device We Can Switch For Different Sources To Share One CSI Interface For A Input To IPU Of I.MX6 Quad But After Reading The Information Of NX3DV642 We Can't Be Sure Whether NX3DV642 Is Fully Qualified With Automotive Grade Requirement / Not? Even The Datasheet Describe ESD Protection Meet The Standard Of AEC-Q100.

Another Solution Is Your Digital Multiplexer In Your Logic Part Profile. MUX Can Be Seen As A Switch And Defenitely Your Have Couples Of AEC-Q100 Fully Qualified MUX Device For Automotive Application. But I Cannot Be Sure Is It Great Idea For A Switch Of Different Source Into One Output To I.MX6 Quad.

In Our Use Case

We Wish To Use CSI-2 Is For External Devices Like Surround View / Computer Vision Electronics / Event Data Recorder And Because Here Is Only One Solution Of HDMI Receiver Can Be Reach The Automotive Standard. Two Parts Of Silicon Image Of Lattice Provide Different Interface To MPU. One Is MIPI CSI-2 Another Is Digital RGB. Of Course We Have Seen Your Recommendations To The Questions About Surround View Of Someone Else's And Your Reference Design / Demo. But Our Working Project Is Kindly Different From Your Case For Building A Standalone ADAS Device But A Head Unit (Infotainment). And We Have Adopted One Display Vide Processor On Board Using Intersil's TW8836 Already. TW8836 Support Bidirectional Digital RGB But The Problem Is No Built-in Audio Output Support Of TW8836 And If Use RGB Some Required Pinout For LVDS Will Be Occupied. We Need To Use LVDS Interface To Catch LVDS Display Output For Display. And Further More Here's No HDMI Receiver Part Support CSI-1 20 BITS CSI. See Below:

SiI5293AEC-Q100 qualified MHL/HDMI receiver with RGB output
SiI5620AEC-Q100 qualified MHL/HDMI receiver with CSI-2 output

No Doubt The RGB Is Not A Consideration Because I.MX6 Quad Has No RGB Input Interface.

So Back To My Issue Can You Provide Your Opinions To My Selected Parts? I Don't Know If We Can Directly Use FPD-LINK Deserializer To Your Switch / Multiplexer.

Thank You Very Much

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bright

I believe selected parts are fine, however NX3DV642 temperature range

-40 °C to +85 °C does not allow to consider it as fully automotive,

just for reference automotive grades i.MX6Q  have  -40  to +125C.

As FPD-LINK uses standard CSI-2 outputs seems it can be used with

switch / multiplexer.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos