How to use the peripheral functions such as uart and usb on a SABRE Board for Smart Devices Based on the i.MX 6 Series.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the peripheral functions such as uart and usb on a SABRE Board for Smart Devices Based on the i.MX 6 Series.

Jump to solution
JustinWu2
Contributor III

Dear ALL:

How to use the peripheral functions such as UART and USB on a SABRE Board for Smart Devices Based on the i.MX 6 Series.

While enabling the HDMI ,the UART will become unstable and output the error symbol.

I use the default FTDI USB to RS232 function.

Also,I set the following parameters.

setenv bootargs video=mxcfb1:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24,bpp=32 androidboot.console=ttymxc1 enable_wait_mode=off no_console_suspend

The attached file is the log.

What should I set to avoid that the uart will not output the error symbol through the FTDI?

Also,I have enabled the usb function. However,I can not use adb command to connect the SABRE Board.

What should I do to enable adb functions between the SABRE Board and PC while using HDMI function?

Best Regards,

Justin Wu

Original Attachment has been moved to: Justin_0530_01.log.zip

1 Solution
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,Justin,

UART1 band rate is wrong, it seems that you forgot to configure it , you can check kernel command line:

Kernel command line: video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24,bpp=32 androidboot.console=ttymxc1 enable_wait_mode=on no_console_suspend

Please re-configure bootargs of u-boot environment.

Regards,

Weidong

View solution in original post

4 Replies
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hello,justin,

On i.mx6 sabre sd SDB/SDP board, UART1 is used to be console and it has been converted to USB signal by FT232RQ. So you don't need to use USB to RS232 cable.

You only need to connect a micro-usb to USB cable to USB host on PC. then open termial and boot the SDB/SDP board, booting messages will output your console.

See schematic :

IMX6-FTDI.png

It means FSL designers has done the job of usb to UART.

Regards,

Weidong

JustinWu2
Contributor III

I use usb to connect the micro usb port, and the PC console outputs the messages correctly. However,the messages will become error symbols while using the HDMI to display.

The following is the messages before console outputs the error symbols.

Serial: IMX driver

imx-uart.2: ttymxc2 at MMIO 0x21ec000 (irq = 60) is a IMX

imx-uart.0: ttymxc0 at MMIO 0x2020000 (irq = 58) is a IMX

Serial: Console IMX rounded baud rate from 114943 to 114900

Best Regards,

Justin Wu:smileyhappy:

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,Justin,

UART1 band rate is wrong, it seems that you forgot to configure it , you can check kernel command line:

Kernel command line: video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24,bpp=32 androidboot.console=ttymxc1 enable_wait_mode=on no_console_suspend

Please re-configure bootargs of u-boot environment.

Regards,

Weidong

JustinWu2
Contributor III

Dear Weidong:

Where could I configure this uart's baud rate?

Best Regards,

Justin Wu

0 Kudos