How to start the NXP rt685 development board through external flash (gd25ld20c).

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start the NXP rt685 development board through external flash (gd25ld20c).

Contributor I
Completed: first, set boot to serial ISP mode. Secondly, room and flash are configured in blhost software, and the program has been successfully burned into off-chip flash.
Existing problems: how to start the program burned into flash from off chip flash.
The problem to be solved is whether to switch the dial switch mode or continue to maintain the serial ISP mode. Whether you need to add some header information to the burned binary program. Or this development board does not support this flash.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Contributor I

First of all, thank you for your answer. What you understand is right. I want to start the NXP mrt685 development board through external flash. The model of off chip flash is not necessarily gd25ld20c, but the current test with this flash.

Board: NXP mrt685 development board    IDE: blhostt

Test steps: Step 1: switch the external pin ISP [2:0] state of the chip to 011 mode, and the NXP development board enters serial ISP mode

Step 2: Send a command to NXP through blhost. The command sent is: blhost - P COM3 -- fill memory 0x1c000 0x40 0xc0500f00; Blhost -p COM3 -- configure-memory 0x110 0x1c000; Blhost -p COM3 -- flash-erase-all 0x110 ; Blhost -p COM3 -- write-memory 0x1000 C:\Users\tao.wang\Desktop\evkmimrt685_ shell.axf 0x110;

Step 3: display that the program has been successfully burned into the external false

Existing problem: NXP mrt685 development board cannot be started from external false. 

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
Regarding the MIMXRT685-EVK board, it uses the MX25UM51345GXDI00 as the external flash, however, you use the GD25LD20C and it means that you need to modify the hardware circuit of the EVK board.
Further, I don't think the 0xc0500f00 is suited for configuring the GD25LD20C, as 5 stands for Macronix Octal SDR.

jeremyzhou_0-1632296268244.png

Have a great day.
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Before answering your question, I was wondering if you can introduce your testing environment, for instance, the board, IDE, testing steps, etc.
Further, according to your statement, you want to use the GD25LD20C as a QSPI flash and make the RT685 boot from it, isn't my understanding right?
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos