cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to select HOB Edit recipes

lixuhui112
Contributor I

HI ALL:

we know HOB can build images,But how to choose the recipes,now when I use HOB, I do not know how to choose these recipes.

Does anyone have a detailed documentation about the recipes.

Thank you!

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Li Xuhui112,

Have you checked the following document?

HOB Quick Start Guide

It is a brief introduction to HOB. You may see screenshots of the process of selecting an image and the recipes to be included. Is this the information you're looking for?

0 Kudos

lixuhui112
Contributor I

Thank you so fast reply to this question,I carefully read the document HOB Quick Start Guide

I know the basic use hob, for example, delete or add packages and create image, but I do not yet know the meaning of each recipes,So I can not do any changes

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Regarding each recipe and it's function, this is a bit trickier. There is just a bit of information on the properties of each recipe (on the Edit recipes screen when editing or creating an image) but you would need to go to the homepage of each recipe or look for the documentation on the layer where the recipe is contained in order to better understand the recipe itself.

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Unfortunately there is no way to create a new recipe using HOB in order to make it simpler. At the end of the day HOB only presents the information from running Bitbake within a GUI.

I would recommend looking at the Yocto Development Manual, specifically section 5.3 (link below).

Yocto Project Development Manual

I would also recommend looking for recipes that are similar to your needs. Many times recipes do not need to be written from scratch as there is a similar recipe available as part of the Yocto Project and you may take it as a starting point.

Regards,

0 Kudos

lixuhui112
Contributor I

Thank you for your patience answer and recommendations!

0 Kudos