How to generate u-boot image using Das- Uboot using imx8mm_evk_defconfig ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate u-boot image using Das- Uboot using imx8mm_evk_defconfig ?

sainis2
Contributor I

I am looking to generate the u-boot image by compiling das u-boot source using the below toolchain for imx8mm_evk_defconfig board, but didn't succeed. Any help in this regard would be appreciated. 

ToolChain Binaries used :

armv8l-linux-gnueabihf32-bit Armv8 Cortex-A, hard-float, little-endian

U-Boot Source :  SourceCode < U-Boot < DENX

ubuntu@ubuntu:~/embedded/nxp/toolchain/u-boot-2021.04-rc1$ make ARCH=arm64 CROSS_COMPILE=armv8l-linux-gnueabihf- distclean

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLEAN scripts/basic
CLEAN scripts/kconfig
CLEAN include/config include/generated
CLEAN .config .config.old

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ubuntu@ubuntu:~/embedded/nxp/toolchain/u-boot-2021.04-rc1$ make ARCH=arm64 CROSS_COMPILE=armv8l-linux-gnueabihf- imx8mm_evk_defconfig

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HOSTCC scripts/basic/fixdep
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/conf.o
YACC scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c
LEX scripts/kconfig/zconf.lex.c
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o
HOSTLD scripts/kconfig/conf
#
# configuration written to .config
#

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ubuntu@ubuntu:~/embedded/nxp/toolchain/u-boot-2021.04-rc1$ make ARCH=arm64 CROSS_COMPILE=armv8l-linux-gnueabihf- -j4

scripts/kconfig/conf --syncconfig Kconfig
ln: failed to create symbolic link 'arch/arm64/include/asm/arch': No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [scripts/Makefile.autoconf:133: create_symlink] Error 1
make: *** No rule to make target 'include/config/auto.conf', needed by 'include/config/uboot.release'. Stop.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sainis2,

For i.MX 8 builds on the host machine, set the environment with the following command before building.
source /opt/fsl-imx-xwayland//environment-setup-aarch64-poky-linux
export ARCH=arm64

u-uboot-2021.04 have not been evaluated you should continue to use 2020.04

Regards

0 Kudos

sainis2
Contributor I

It seems above mentioned steps are for yocto build, right? 

I am looking for building u-boot in conventional approach generating MLO, u-boot.img using the default board configuration: imx8mm_evk_defconfig under configs folder of u-boot source. I am able to build for default config board with below warnings but not able to generate the final image. Could you please help me in that regard? 

Objective : to boot only u-boot from sd-card on imx8mm_evk board. 

This board uses CONFIG_SPL_FIT_GENERATOR. Please migrate
to binman instead, to avoid the proliferation of
arch-specific scripts with no tests.

OBJCOPY spl/u-boot-spl-nodtb.bin
SYM spl/u-boot-spl.sym
CAT spl/u-boot-spl-dtb.bin
COPY spl/u-boot-spl.bin
WARNING 'lpddr4_pmu_train_1d_imem.bin' not found, resulting binary is not-functional
make[1]: Nothing to be done for 'SPL'.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos