cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to format UBIFS with Linux-3.9.y

x10
Contributor V

Hi, All

My system is imx28 with nand booting. With porting Linux-2.6.35, an update_ivt.sb can be made and download by mfgtool to format the nand chip for UBIFS including make ubi volume etc. When moving to Linux-3.9.7, for fast map of UBI, the previous tool doesn't work anymore because lack of dtb file. Please let me know if there is a way to make a new update_ivt.sb supporting dtb config, so that we can still use MfgTool in volume production. Thanks!

BR

Cheng Shi

emtronix

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Cheng

Had your issue got resolved? If yes, we are going to close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help please feel

free to contact Freescale.

Thanks,
Yixing

0 Kudos

x10
Contributor V

yes,

Cheng Shi

0 Kudos

x10
Contributor V

Are there any hits for booting mainline Linux-3.9.y without dtb? Thanks

BR

Cheng Shi

emtronix

0 Kudos

sinanakman
Senior Contributor III

Hi Cheng, by choosing the " Support for the traditional ATAGS boot data passing" option in the menuconfig you might be able to use traditional ATAGS to pass data to kernel. Your boot loader needs to support this as well.

Hope this helps

Sinan Akman

0 Kudos

x10
Contributor V

Thanks for quick reply. Actually, I do need a way to boot the 3.9.7 kernel without u-boot just like updater_ivt.sb in case of 2.6.35.

Cheng Shi

0 Kudos

sinanakman
Senior Contributor III

Hi Chen, sorry I am not familiar with updater_ivt.sb . But if you build the kernel with the option I mentioned, it will look for the board information in that ATAGS structure. Anything that boots the kernel would then need to pass this structure in the corresponding register. Perhaps that updater does something similar.

Hope this helps

Sinan Akman

0 Kudos