cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect HDMI with CSI2 on MCIMX8QXP-CPU

carolyn_zhang
Contributor II

Hi,

I have a MCIMX8QXP-CPU, and I connected a 1080P screen by HDMI. I also connect a camera in CSI-2 (J2 on MCIMX8QXP-CPU). I believe the video from camera can be showed on the HDMI screen, but I could not find any documents introduce this function. Does any file/website introduce the demo operations of MCIMX8QXP-CPU?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Unfortunately, the i.MX8QX is still in pre-production and we cannot provide support about this product since the camera that works with the i.MX8QX is a special camera, and the software support may vary depending on the silicon revision that you have. I suggest you go with your DBM, he could help you with this problem.

I apologize for the inconveniences.

Best regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

carolyn_zhang
Contributor II

Hi, Diego,

I don't care about the camera drivers, and I will write camera drivers by myself. I just want to know how to let HDMI shows the video from MIPI CSI camera, what is the command, gst-launch-1.0? gplay-1.0? or other else?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Like I said before, the i.MX8QX is still under pre-production. I cannot guarantee if the software will work on your current board revision. However, to have a camera preview on the i.MX8MQ is as below:

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! 'video/x-raw,width=1920,height=1080,framerate=30/1' ! queue ! waylandsink
This is for the i.MX8MQ, the gstreamer pipeline for the i.MX8QX may be different. I cannot assure you that the pipeline will work for the i.MX8QX. For more information, I suggest you go with your DBM. 
I apologize for the inconveniences this may cause you.
Best regards,
Diego.
0 Kudos