cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change ethernet mode (L2switch / bypass) on the fly in imx28

jordifarres
Contributor III

Hi,

My application must be able to change ethernet mode (L2switch or bypass) depending on system configuration during operation.

Ltib dist only compiles one of two modes, so changing between them implies a reset and reflash the system.

Does any one have any suggestion on how to make it possible?

thanks in advance

jordi  :smileyconfused:

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

As you well mention, In current BSP, Passthrough mode can be supported by fec driver and L2 switch mode can be supported by fec_switch driver.

Both functions are mutual exclusive by the current BSP design.Obviously some efforts are needed to change the software in order to support the switching between L2 switch and Passthrough modes in runtime. So I recommend you that you keep the L2 Switch Mode as the configuration and use the Ethernet ports in this mode.

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jordifarres
Contributor III

Hi

Thanks for your response Jaime, but unfortunately I can't do that. The system requirements must allow that switching between both modes has to be a user selectable.

regards

Jordi

0 Kudos