cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How NXP team calculates decoupling capacitor for processor

puneethkumar
Contributor III

Dear Team,

We wanted to know how NXP team calculates the decoupling capacitor values and number of decoupling capacitor to the processor pins.

Processor: i.MX8DXL

In the hardware guide we can see value of the decoupling capacitor value & number of capacitor for a power rail to be used.

Requesting you to share the details.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

puneethkumar
Contributor III

Dear B.R,

Thanks for the reply - We understand that we need to follow the hardware guide for capacitor values.

As you mentioned design team choose the decoupling capacitor value - we want to know how they simulate or how they calculate those capacitor values.

If those files are confidential please let me know how we can get those documents.

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Confirmed with the i.MX expert team: We don't have relevant documents.

Specifically, the value and quantity of these capacitors are obtained after simulation and optimization. If you have any questions about the selection of decoupling capacitors on i.MX8DXL evk, such as voltage, you can list them and I will confirm them for you.

Have a nice day!

B.R,

weidong

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The values of decoupling capacitors are given by the design team after simulation. You don't need to calculate their values, but you only need to use them according to the recommended values of EVK and design guide.

Have a nice day!

B.R,

weidong

0 Kudos