Has anybody experienced: !!!!!!!!!!!!! AXI BUS ERROR !!!!!!!!!!!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anybody experienced: !!!!!!!!!!!!! AXI BUS ERROR !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jump to solution
DraganOstojic
Contributor V

Hello, today I received MCIMX6Q-SDP board, rev C3 and when I boot android 13.4 that works fine on revB board, I get the following error in the serial console:

!!!!!!!!!!!!! AXI BUS ERROR !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serial console is responsive but Android fails to boot. Sometimes I don't get this error but Android hangs with kernel panic.

I attached complete log for the case when I get axi bus error.

Has anybody seen this issue before?

Original Attachment has been moved to: log.txt.zip

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
chenguoyin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please apply the 13.4.1.04 Patch which include a new ddr script which help to stable the DDR.

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-94596

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
chenguoyin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Could you use the default image in our release package to give a try. We have tried in our side with Rev C2/C1 board. Not such issue found.

0 Kudos
DraganOstojic
Contributor V

I was not correct in my description of the problem so let me do it again.

I have 700-27392 rev A of the MCIMX6Q-SDP board. I run Android (R13.4.1 BSP) and it's fine. However, when I try exactly the same software on 700-27392 rev B board it fails with

!!!!!!!!!!!!! AXI BUS ERROR !!!!!!!!!!!!!. Is there a patch that has to be applied for the revB board? Do you have any suggestions?

Note that pre-built image that came on the SD card with revB board works fine.

0 Kudos
chenguoyin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please apply the 13.4.1.04 Patch which include a new ddr script which help to stable the DDR.

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-94596

0 Kudos
DraganOstojic
Contributor V

Forgot to update that this patch fixes the issue with revB board.

0 Kudos
DraganOstojic
Contributor V

Do you have some kind of document that lists differences between rev A and rev B boards. I understand that this patch is needed and why it's needed but I'm confused why I see the problem on rev B board and not on rev A if there are no differences in the areas addressed by this patch.

0 Kudos
fei_liu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please check the schematic revision, "SCH-27392 rev.Cx".  If the schematic revision is the sample, there should be no difference in PCB.

700-XXXXX difference could be some assembling or label changing.

0 Kudos
DraganOstojic
Contributor V

I tried 13.4.1.04 pre-built u-boot.img and boot.img + 13.4.1 prebuilt system.img and it doesn't hang. I'll try with Android built with 04 patch applied and will report the result. Apparently, revA board doesn't require this patch while revB does.

0 Kudos