cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW platform to work on Android Automotive

pssarathyece
Contributor II

Hi,

We are looking for a promising HW platform to work on Android Automotive. Have couple of queries on the same.

1) Does NXP have HW platform and support for Android Automotive(not Android Auto). Hope it is.
2) If supported, which Hardware platform has better Android Automotive support (Android Automotive, BSP, Linux patches etc).

Can i get some details.

Thanks,
Sarathy

Labels (1)
10 Replies

s_shridhar
Contributor II

Martinnxpblogkhumphri

will im8mevk board will support android automotive os?

0 Kudos

s_shridhar
Contributor II

can someone answer this question please

will im8mevk board will support android automotive os?

0 Kudos

pssarathyece
Contributor II

Hi,

Looking forward for clarification.

Thanks,
Sarathy

0 Kudos

romitchatterjee
Contributor V

Hello, The i.MX 8QuadXPlus MEK contains an M.2 interface (PCIe based). You can use the Murata 1CX EVB (1CX M.2 Module - Embedded Artists ) directly with this interface - no adapters needed. The 1CX is a very capable Wi-Fi/Bluetooth module from Murata that provides 802.11ac Wi-Fi with 2x2 MIMO and Bluetooth/BLE 5.0. You can find more info at https://wireless.murata.com/type-1cx.html .

ConjureChris
Contributor I

Hi @romitchatterjee I read your comment about the 1CQ module that is supported in Android Automotive 9, but the sources for 10 do not reference the chipset from that module anymore.  Do you have any tips in porting the support for the 1CQ from version 9 to 10?

Alternatively, I'm trying to find an equivalent M.2 module that will work directly with the 10_2.4.0 source.  The README mentions the following:

Currently, NXP i.MX platforms support Murata 1PJ module with QCA9377-3 chip inside,
and Murata 1CQ module with QCA6174A chip inside.

The support platforms list:
- i.MX8QM/QXP MEK: Murata 1CQ (qca6174A), PCIe interface for WIFI and UART for Bluetooth.

Do you have any recommendations?

0 Kudos

pssarathyece
Contributor II

Hi romitchatterjee‌,

Thanks a lot for sharing details about Murata 1CX EVB. 

We will be using Android Auto(Automotive) platform. Android Auto Release notes(
P9.0.0_2.3.3-AUTO release) mentions support for 1CQ QCA6174A but ICX is not mentioned.
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/supporting-information/android_P9.0.0_2.3.3-auto_docs.zip 

It will be good to know if ICX is supported on Android Auto for i.MX 8QXP MEK or not.

Thanks,

Sarathy

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sarathy,

You can find the documentation for the available Android and Android Automotive BSPs on the following link.
https://www.nxp.com/design/i.mx-developer-resources/i.mx-software-and-development-tools:IMX-SW

You can find the details on which boards are supported by each BSP on the Release Notes available as part of the BSP documentation so that would be a good place to start. Our Android AUTO BSPs are iterations of Android Automotive so hopefully they will suit your needs. Our BSPs support only NXP boards, so after finding the desired BSP you can look for order information of the supported boards on NXP’s website.

I hope this helps!
Regards,

pssarathyece
Contributor II

Hi,

Let me reiterate my query, please clarify. Looking for next steps to purchase and proceed.

1) Is iMX8QuadXPlus Mek board fine for new project.

2) Are these correct Accessories for iMX8QuadXPlus Mek:

Bluetooth and Wifi: Qualcomm 1CQ QCA6174A

Touch screen display: MX8-DSI-OLED1

Thanks,

Sarathy

0 Kudos

pssarathyece
Contributor II

In addition to previous queries on i.MX8QM MEK, also have queries for iMX8QuadXPlus Mek.

iMX8QuadXPlus Mek is supported by Android Automotive BSP release Android P9.0.0_2.1.0_AUTO.

Is iMX8QuadXPlus Mek better for new projects than iMX8QuadMax Mek.

In community, most android automotive questions are for iMX8QuadMax. Hence would like to confirm which is recommended for new project.

Are the followings right Accessories for iMX8QuadXPlus Mek and are these being supported by released SW.

Bluetooth and Wifi: Qualcomm 1CQ QCA6174A

Touch screen display: MX8-DSI-OLED1

Regards,

Sarathy

0 Kudos

pssarathyece
Contributor II

Hi gusarambula‌,

Thanks for the details.

In the latest released version android_p9.0.0_2.1.1-auto-ga's release notes,  “ i.MX 8QuadMax Multisensory Enablement Kit (MEK)” is mentioned as supported board.

Please confirm if following are the correct accessories for i.MX 8QM MEK:

For Display: MX8-DSI-OLED1

For BLE & WIFI: LBEH5UL1CX from Murata.

Regards,
Sarathy

0 Kudos