cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GStreamer - where to start?

madstrum
Contributor III

Hi,

I have Debian installed on a iMX6 SOC, and have been tasked with doing the following:

1) Record video from an analog source

2) Tag some info (that is changing per video frame) to the video frames by timestamp. This info should be able to be extracted afterwards during playback.

I have downloaded GStreamer, and someone has told me to look at the VPU plugins.

I have questions:

1) I'm using GStreamer 0.10 , can I stil use the VPU plugins here? Freescale/gstreamer-imx · GitHub

If not, where should I download VPU plugins for GStreamer 0.10

2) If in the case I want to install GStreamer 1.2.2, how can I do so easily? Do I have to download the source files and compile?

Thank you.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Freescale provides corresponding Gstreamer plugins for each Freescale BSP.
For example, the recent Linux BSP (with the plugins) is 

https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L3.10.17_1.0.0_IMX6QDLS_BUNDLE&appType=license&loc...

Summary Page :

i.MX 6Quad Processors – Quad Core|Freescale

Please use "i.MX_6_Series_Yocto_Project_Multimedia_User's_Guide.pdf" in documentation for more
details how to use.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos