cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing NAND in Production

B_K_Ankur
Contributor IV

Hello Friends,

We are developing product using imx28 processor. The storage media used in the product is Nand for bootloader, Kernel & Filesystem I have some concerns on how to flash the NAND on production run. Please find the Nand Information as below which is used in the product. We have quotation from Flash Programmer Elnec (http://www.elnec.com/) which we are happy to use. But they are asking for single image (bootloader, kernel and FS) that includes ECC used by i.mx28 processor.

Nand Information: Spansion SLC NAND Flash (S34ML04G2), x8 I/O

Size: 4Gb

ECC Strength: 18

OOBSize: 128

SubPageSize:2014

Is there any way to create single raw nand image (contains bootloader, kernel and fs) that includes ECC calculation in sparse area?

Feel free to share if you need more information.

Regards,

Ankur

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I hope the kobs-ng utility (and its sources) may be useful.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

B_K_Ankur
Contributor IV

Any useful suggestions please as we are stuck and it is delaying the production. Didnt get any response from FAE yet.

Regards,

Ankur

0 Kudos