cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excellent Dev Kit Deal for iMX53

samsaprunoff
Contributor V

Good day All,

I came across a great deal on a iMX53 based dev kit that I thought others might also be interested in it. Digi is offering a iMX53 Jumpstart Kit (CC-WMX53-ANDRD) for Android for $199.  It is a complete kit and includes a nice 7" LCD (with touch).  Here are some details:

• ConnectCore Wi-i.MX53 module
    - 1 GHz i.MX53, 512 MB NAND Flash, 512 MB DDR2, -20 to +70° C
  • 7" WVGA LCD panel with touchscreen
  • Digi JumpStart Kit development board
    3 serial ports (1 x RS-232/422/485, 1 x RS-232 Tx/Rx, 1 x TTL), VGA, HDMI 1.3, Ethernet (RJ-45), WLAN antenna connectors, SD/MMC slot, MicroSD slot, USB OTG, 4 x USB Host, I2C/SPI headers, 1-Wire connector, audio: line in/out and microphone in (3.5 mm), Digi XBee module socket module sold separately), GPIO screw terminal, user push-buttons, user LEDs, battery, 802.3af (PoE) module socket (module sold separately), external LCD/Touchscreen connectors, external camera connectors, user/application connectors, JTAG connector, 9-30VDC power supply, power switch
  • Power supply and accessories
    - External wall power supply with adapters,
    Ethernet cable, antennas, serial cable

I just received mine yesterday and so I have not had too much time to play with it, other than just turning it on... it looks like I will be busy this weekend..

Cheers,

Sam

Labels (3)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

JasonLiu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks for sharing the information. Hope you have a great fun to play with the i.MX53 board.

0 Kudos

samsaprunoff
Contributor V

Good day Hui,

Thanks for your response!  Indeed, it is my pleasure to pass along pertinent info to all those that are interested.

As for the dev kit, sadly, I got sidetracked last weekend and so I was unable to work with the kit.  Hopefully things will free up a bit so that I can experiment with it further.  What I can say is that it is a very well designed kit and the screen is excellent and very responsive.  The Digi modules are indeed impressive and they do offer a variety to suit one's needs (i.e. some include Wifi, etc) and cost.  That being said, I do find the modules a bit pricey for use in our company's products.

Cheers,

Sam

0 Kudos