Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling virtual terminal in minicom after kernel boot

Jump to solution
lavakumars
Contributor IV

hi,

I am working with imx6qp sabre AI board.

Built the Linux image using yocto krogoth kernel version 4.1.15.

I am using the uart (baudrate: 115200 ) to check the debugger logs.  Everything working fine but ,  after the uboot-and kernel boots. I can see only kernel logs.

even after enter in keyboard I am unable to get into the shell. i.e :unable to access the target file system.

but for morty version which is kernel version :4.9.11 I am able to get it.(i.e: able to access the shell and file system)

Using minicom on the other system to check the kernel logs.

Please some one help with how to enable this feature on kernel :4.1.15 and krogoth . its urget.

Regards,

Lavakumar S

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lavakumars
Contributor IV

hi,

solved it.

Need to create and run service to start getty with /dev/ttymxc3 since my login manager is systemd not sysvinit.

Regards,

Lavakumar S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please make sure that you set right uart for the terminal in u-boot options.
I mean something like console=ttymxc0,115200 where ttymxc0 is the uart connected to PC.

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
lavakumars
Contributor IV

hi victor,

thanks for the reply.

I tried the suggested console settings i.e: setenv console ttymxc0,115200 and also setenv console ttymxc,115200.

but in both the cases I even don't get the kernel logs also in minicom.

but for setenv console ttymxc3,115200 : I get the kernel logs till kernel there. but don't get the shell.

the later setting works fine for morty(kernel 4.9.11) . I can get the shell after kernel boots. but not in krogoth(kernel 4.1.15).

Please check.

Regards,

Lavakumar S

0 Kudos
lavakumars
Contributor IV

hi,

solved it.

Need to create and run service to start getty with /dev/ttymxc3 since my login manager is systemd not sysvinit.

Regards,

Lavakumar S

0 Kudos