cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling enhanced aac plus decoder on i.mx6 solo

DavisRoman
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm trying to enable the enhanced aac plus decorder on an i.mx6 solo board using the freescale ubuntu oneric release.

ubuntu1.png

And followed the steps indicated in the “i.mx6 Series ubuntu Multimedia User’s Guide” located in:

ubuntu2.png

The manual indicates that I should see:

ubuntu3.png

However I don't see it in my list:

ubuntu4.png

But then I noticed something interesting as I  continued to read the "Enhanced aacPlus Decoder Product Data Sheet"

which states that only arm11 and Cortex-a8 are supported ( We’re using an i.mx6 – cortex a9 )

ubuntu5.png

Then I saw a question on Freescale Community which seems to confirm this - https://community.freescale.com/thread/312433

( By the way, I did try deleting the .gstreamer-0.10 directory and re-running gst-inspect just in case but it didn't help. )

Any suggestions would be great as I've reached a wall and am unsure of where else to look.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Davis

Labels (4)
Tags (2)
3 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Freescale AACplus decoder is included in special package.
It is stated in i.MX6 Series Multimedia Release Notes. So,
please contact marketing to get it.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DavisRoman
Contributor III

Hi Yuri,

Wow that was quick. Thanks for your help!!

-Davis

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos