Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EIM Signals and Boot Configuration

Jump to solution
durmus
Contributor IV

Hi all,

In our design based on SABRE SDP, we try to implement 3 configurations for boot selection:

• eMMC via USDHC3
  • external SD/MMC card via USDHC1
  • SPI NOR flash via ECSPI1

Out of 32 EIM signals related with boot configuration, we are using only 2 in our design, specifically EIM_EB2 (E22) as SPI1_CS0 and EIM_EB3 (F23) as UART1_RI_B.

I already removed the series bus isolation resistors (4.7k) because they are not connected to anywhere, except for those two above. I have 2 questions to make sure what I did is correct:

I checked the reference manual for the related signals for boot selections. When I guarantee that the boot-up process will occur either from USDHC1, USDHC3 or ECSPI1;

1) Do I have to connect other unrelated boot signals to ground via 10k resistors? Or can I connect them directly to ground?

2) Since EIM_EB2 and EIM_EB3 are irrelevant for the mentioned boot selections, do I need any isolation or pull-down for them? (since I'm using them as low active signals, it would not be correct to pull them down)

Thanks in advance.

Durmus

Labels (1)
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Durmuş

1. one can connect them directly to ground

2. if these signals are used as outputs, they can not be grounded.

They can be pull-ed with resistor. You may wish to look at

sect.4.6.2 "General Purpose I/O (GPIO) DC Parameters" IMX6DQCEC

Best regards

chip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Durmuş

1. one can connect them directly to ground

2. if these signals are used as outputs, they can not be grounded.

They can be pull-ed with resistor. You may wish to look at

sect.4.6.2 "General Purpose I/O (GPIO) DC Parameters" IMX6DQCEC

Best regards

chip

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!