Does yocto kernel have android patch in?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does yocto kernel have android patch in?

wangtianqing
Contributor I

I want to build a hybrid system with Yocto linux and Android on i.MX6. This two systems are isolated by chroot technology. The android system will be chrooted. Yocto and Android share the same linux kernel.

When I want to build such hybrid system, I find that Yocto's linux kernel version is 3.10.17, and with a dtb file, while the linux kernel of Android is 3.0.35 without dtb file.  According to the post[Re: imx6 linux and android kernel L3.0.35] discussed in community, the kernel for Android is patched and those patches are different from linux BSP.  so I want to know that whether yocto kernel which version is 3.10.17 has  been patched for android ? If not,  how to boot linux kernel for android without dtb file, and start android system by chroot?

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Unfortunately the latest Android BSP is based on the 3.0.35 kernel. The 3.10.17 version has not been patched for Android.

0 Kudos

wangtianqing
Contributor I

Thank you for your reply, Gusarambula!  Do you have release plan for 3.10.17 version with Android BSP patched?

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

There is not a date available yet but the next Android GA release will come with kernel 3.10.17.

0 Kudos