Difficulties mounting images to microSD card

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulties mounting images to microSD card

BrianBenoy
Contributor I

I followed all the stages in 101211_EcoCariMX53_FW.pdf but cannot go past mounting the SD card at media/MX53_QSB.

When running the command:

"sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /media/MX53_QSB"

I receive the message "mount: you must specify the filesystem type".

I tried using "sudo mount -t ext3 /dev/sdb1 /media/MX53_QSB" and got the message "mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error..."

"fdisk /dev/sdb --> p " shows

"/dev/sdb1 8192 15523839 7757824 83 Linux"

but cfdisk gives me "FATAL ERROR: Bad primary partition 0: Partition ends in the final partial cylinder"

dmesg | tail shows ext3 filesystem was not found.

Does anyone know what I should do next to load the filesystem to the SD card?

343-cfdisk.jpg

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

MichaelPattison
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Idan,

When you are making the files system, it is common that 'sudo' precede your commands.  e.g ( sudo mkfs.ext3 /dev/sdb1 ).

This will hopefully solve your permissions issues.

0 Kudos

BrianBenoy
Contributor I

Hello Idan,

You can run “fsck.ext3” to check if there is something wrong with your partition.

Also, **it’s very important**, that you make sure that /dev/sdb is the SD Card on your system.

You can run “dmesg | tail” after inserting your SD card reader to be sure.

As a last resort you can recreate the partitions and file system with fdisk and mkfs.ext3 respectively.

Best regards,

Renato

0 Kudos

BrianBenoy
Contributor I

Thanks Renato,

I have tried your suggestion but as you can see in the attached screenshots I cannot get this commands to work on my 8GB SD card. The fdisk command seems to work right but then it seems as if the filesystem is corrupt or not there.
Also Whether I use this microSD card or the original 4GB microSD in the MX53 board the loading process gets stuck and the teraterm tells me the filesystem was not found. I'd really like to start working with the board but I can't get the filesystem to load on any of the cards.

345-structure1.png

347-structure2.png

349-UnabletoMount.png

Idan Regev

Wayne State University

0 Kudos

BrianBenoy
Contributor I

Hello Idan,

You can run “fsck.ext3” to check if there is something wrong with your partition.

Also, **it’s very important**, that you make sure that /dev/sdb is the SD Card on your system.

You can run “dmesg | tail” after inserting your SD card reader to be sure.

As a last resort you can recreate the partitions and file system with fdisk and mkfs.ext3 respectively.

Best regards,

Renato

0 Kudos