Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between the two USB ID pins?

Jump to solution
adevries
Contributor V

Hello,

I'm planning to use 8M Mini's USB ports in OTG mode. I saw that both USB ports have 2 ID pins. For USB1, it is signal usb_id, located on pad USB1_ID [D22] and usb_otg_id, located on pad GPIO_IO10 [AD10]. Are these ID pins redundant? Or do they accomplish different things? Just trying to figure out if I need route one or both to the USB connector.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The two pin function are the same. Here if you use the usb in OTG Mode you can refer to our i.MX6 series board reference design. You can use the usb1_id, and you also can use the usb1_otg_id. If you are using the usb1_otg_id, you'd better use the usb1_id the same with the usb1_otg_id.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The two pin function are the same. Here if you use the usb in OTG Mode you can refer to our i.MX6 series board reference design. You can use the usb1_id, and you also can use the usb1_otg_id. If you are using the usb1_otg_id, you'd better use the usb1_id the same with the usb1_otg_id.

0 Kudos
adevries
Contributor V

Hi Rita,

Thanks for the information. I'm a little confused by your last sentence, "If you are using the usb1_otg_id, you'd better use the usb1_id the same with the usb1_otg_id". Does that mean if I am using signal usb_otg_id (on pin AD10), then I must also use usb1_id (on pin D22)?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, and you need to pull up the usb1_id pin.

0 Kudos
adevries
Contributor V

Hi Rita,

I'm still confused by this. Are you saying that I can use pin D22 to sense the USB ID signal, or I can use pin AD10 and pin D22 shorted together to sense the USB ID signal? Why couldn't I use pin AD10 by itself?

Also, can I use the internal pull-up resistors to pull the USB ID signal high?

Thanks

0 Kudos