cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debian Jessie Rootfs

srinivasaporam
Contributor II

Hi,

I got  IMX6 reference boards with me (Wandboard, Humming Board, Sabrelite board etc..). I have tried Ubuntu14.04 on them and would like to try Debian Jessie (latest) on them, but don't have rootfs. Can anybody suggest me a link from where i can download debian jessie rootfs (from the web came to know that debian rootfs is not readily available like ubuntu).

Please suggest me a link to download debian Jessie rootfs.

Labels (4)
7 Replies

srinivasaporam
Contributor II

Hi,

I have already tried pre-built images, but would like to build kernel my self and use debian rootfs to try.

0 Kudos

gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

For SabreLite, we provide a Debian Jessie image based on our boundary-imx_3.14.28_1.0.0_ga branch:

https://boundarydevices.com/debian-8-3-jessie-for-i-mx6-boards-february-2016-kernel-3-14-28/

GitHub - boundarydevices/linux-imx6 at boundary-imx_3.14.28_1.0.0_ga: Boundary Devices Kernel tree f...

Then we also provide some instructions on how to update your own kernel:

https://boundarydevices.com/ubuntunizing-i-mx6-kernels/

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gary

0 Kudos

1990rahulreddy
Contributor IV

I have Freescale iMX6 Q SDB

will this image run on freescale board

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Srinivasa Poram,

You use the iMX6 Q SDB, so here recommend you to download the BSP and build the images yourself. Here you can refer to the user guide supplied by our website. All BSP and the documents you can download from the follow link:

SABRE Board Reference Design|NXP

Best Regards

Have a great day,

Dan

0 Kudos

1990rahulreddy
Contributor IV

i got pdf regarding how to install Ubuntu on i.mx7- SDB, here Install Ubuntu 14.04 on i.MX7D-SDB

Is such document is available for i.MX6Q SDP,

or how can run Linaro - Alip on i.MX6Q SDP

0 Kudos

gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

No it won't work, it only targets Boundary Devices platforms.

Regards,

Gary

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Srinivasa Poram,

Which BSP are you using? I see that you IMX6 reference boards are the third company board, and you can go to their official website to download the BSP and build the images for your board. Hope this can help you.
Have a great day,
Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos