cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDR RAM Configuration for the IMX6Q Custom board

puneethkumar_kk
Contributor II

Hi

We are using IMX6 custom board with Micron MT41K256M16TW-107 AIT:P TR DDR3L. For DDR initialization, we are trying to generate the DCD table for 2GB. Used the MX6Q_SabreSD_DDR3_register_programming_aid_v2.3 to generate the DCD table. Generated the table but failed to boot the target device. It fails in RAM initialization. Tried several times but it didnt work. We have taken Sabresd as refernce design for our custom board. So used Sabresd configuration file and the board is booting up and working fine.

When the board went for Radiated emission test, we are observing more emissions around the DDR chip section.

Is it related with the operating frequency of DDR?

If yes, can i change the DDR operating frequency, kindly suggest or provide the procedure for modifying the operating frequency.

Attached is the configuration file using to boot the board.

It would be really helpful if you provide the correct DCD table for 2GB.

Thanks & Regards

Puneeth Kumar K

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Puneeth

>we are observing more emissions around the DDR chip section.

>Is it related with the operating frequency of DDR?

it is more related to board layout. One can look at i.MX6Q Sabre SD layout

Design files, including hardware schematics, Gerbers, and OrCAD files for i.MX 6Quad (i.MX 6Dual emu...

also check enable the spread spectrum 

For ddr tool and register programming aid usage one can look at presentation

DES-N1936 i.MX 6UltraLite DDR Tools Overview and Hardware Design Considerations 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

puneethkumar_kk
Contributor II

Hi Igor

Thank you for your quick response.

i am checking on this and I'll get back to you.

Regards

Puneeth

0 Kudos