Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDR Configuration Question

Jump to solution
kcassar
Contributor II

Hi,

We have designed a custom board based around the IMX6Q Sabre. A lot of the design is very similar, however we have gone for two 1GB RAM chips.

We have used DDR3 channels 0 and 3. when we try to calibrate the RAM using the stress tester it sees we have 2x1GB but fails as it tries to calibrate channels 1 and 2. If we only calibrate channel 0 it passes with no problems.

Is using channels 0 and 3 a valid configuration for the DDR or would I have to use channel 0 and 1?

If it is valid, how do I force the stress tester to ignore channels 1 and 2 during calibration?

Kind regards,

Kyle.

Labels (3)
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No, the MMDC does not support 32 bit, using DRAM_D0 - DRAM_D15 and DRAM_D48 - DRAM_D63.

~Yuri.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

i.MX6 MMDC supports 16-bit, 32-bit and 64-bit data bus, assuming

DRAM_D0 - DRAM_D15 as 16-bit bus,

DRAM_D0 - DRAM_D31 as 32-bit bus,

DRAM_D0 - DRAM_D63 as 64-bit bus.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
kcassar
Contributor II

Hi Yuri,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Can it support 32 bit but using DRAM_D0 - DRAM_D15 and DRAM_D48 - DRAM_D63 and not using the middle 2 lanes?

Cheers,

Kyle.

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No, the MMDC does not support 32 bit, using DRAM_D0 - DRAM_D15 and DRAM_D48 - DRAM_D63.

~Yuri.