Cross Compile for iMx233 using Freescale supplied documentation.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Compile for iMx233 using Freescale supplied documentation.

Ameeca
Contributor II

I'm using the Freescale supplied documentation to develop a simple Hello World for the iMX233. I have followed the instructions in AN3870 section 4 to configure Eclipse to build the programme - unsurprisingly it does not work.

It's such a shame that I have found that nothing works the way it is meant to first time, if ever.

**** Build of configuration MX23-Debug for project HelloWorld ****

make all
Building target: HelloWorld
Invoking: GCC C Linker
/opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.1.2-glibc-2.5-nptl-3/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc -L/home/engineering/Freescale/ltib/rootfs/lib -o"HelloWorld"  ./src/HelloWorld.o   -l/home/engineering/Freescale/ltib/rootfs/usr/lib
/opt/freescale/usr/local/gcc-4.1.2-glibc-2.5-nptl-3/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.1.2/../../../../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find -l/home/engineering/Freescale/ltib/rootfs/usr/lib
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [HelloWorld] Error 1

/home/engineering/Freescale/ltib/rootfs/usr/lib is very much available so I do not know why it cant be found.

The shocking "support" from Freescale always guides me "back to the forums" so I wonder if anyone can help with this?

On Ubuntu 10.04 using Eclipse-cpp 3.4.1

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

myke_predko
Senior Contributor III

David,

Is this still an issue for you?  It took me a couple of weeks to work through the build process for the '233 and document it - please let me know if you still have a question about it and I will send you what I've done. 

myke

0 Kudos

danielmartonicz
Contributor I

Dear Myke,

If you still have the mentioned document about iMX233 c.compileing, I would be greatful If you could send me.

Thank you in advance,

Daniel M.

0 Kudos