cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy file from USB storage to eMMC at U-Boot

devendradevadi1
Contributor I

Hi,

I had inbuilt eMMC in my board. I am using i.MX6UL platform.

I want to partition my inbuilt eMMC and I want to copy files from USB storage to eMMC at U-Boot prompt. Can you explain what command I can use.

If you provided the script it is more helpful.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

there is no filesystem in u-boot. so there is no command to copy files from USB storage to EMMC.

0 Kudos

devendradevadi1
Contributor I

Thank you for your reply.

@there is no filesystem in u-boot.

From the U-boot Quick reference manual I found that, the command "fatload" is used to load binary file from a dos filesystem. I know how to use /load the files from eMMC if the eMMC is in DOS partition.

"there is no filesystem in u-boot." means ?

Can I use "fatload" command for USB storage also if the USB storage is in fat format?

@so there is no command to copy files from USB storage to EMMC.

Then how I can make use of USB storage at U-boot level?

0 Kudos

devendradevadi1
Contributor I

Hi,

I can able to use the file/binary from USB storage and eMMC both using fatload command.

fatload usb 0 addredd1 filename - Use/Load the file from USB storage to Memory

fatload mmc 0 address2 filename - Use/Load  the file from eMMC to Memory.

Above command works.

But my requirement is, I need to copy a binary file from USB storage to eMMC. I need to copy binary file from memory to eMMC which is already copied to memory by USB.

Here what addresses  I can use? How I can came to know what range of addresses I can use for this general purpose operation (write/read)?

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I think there is no command for saving/writing the data to a file to store in eMMC. You may modify the u-boot source code to add this command.

0 Kudos

rahul44
Contributor II

Hi Jimmychan,

Is there any command to read uboot from emmc? I am loading uboot from USB and we have requirement to read uboot file from emmc. As uboot does not has file system can we make use of mmc read/write command ?

Please try to answer this question.

Thanks   

0 Kudos