Connect 2 SABRE LITE boards over ethernet

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect 2 SABRE LITE boards over ethernet

davidmuscat
Contributor I

I am trying to connect 2 sabre lite iMx6 Quad boards (from boundary devices) over Ethernet.

Both boards run Android Lollipop.

If I connect them via an Ethernet Switch, the lights on the Ethernet connectors light up and blink. I can also ping from one board to the other. I also can open a TCP/IP socket and send data back and forth.

When I connect the 2 boards directly to each other using a cross over ethernet cable, the lights do not blink and I cannot ping from one board to another.

Has anybody tried this before?

Do you have any suggestions to solve this issue?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please make sure that IP is configured respectively.

I mean both boards have static IP addresses in the same network.

Have a great day,

Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

davidmuscat
Contributor I

Hello Victor,

Yes, I have configured both boards to have static IP addresses (192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.3)

David

0 Kudos

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Also please make sure that you are using right cable.

I mean you need to use crossover cable when you are connecting the devices directly (without a switch).

Have a great day,

Victor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

mike_susen
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

do you configured IP addresses of each board?

Michal

0 Kudos