cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Config Tool Update causes DDR error

Jump to solution
lcotten
Contributor II

I've updated the Config Tools for i.MX to Version 13.1. The updated DDR tool now has a constant error "Failed to generate code" (see picture). Its says "tool problem" and offers no specific issue. Even when I create a new from scratch configuration, the same thing happens. If I change any setting, I get a 'not supported"  error. The CPU selected is MIMX8ML4xxxKZ. The Pin tools still works fine as far as I can tell. To reproduce, open the new, create a new config, select MIMX8ML4xxxKZ. Go back and forth between pin tool and DDR tool a couple of times and/or do an "Update Code".

ToolProblem.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lcotten
Contributor II

I tried that. It didn't work. So, I uninstalled the app, deleted the whole "mcu_data_v13" folder (kept a copy), and reinstalled. Then I created a new config, and the problem is fixed. I was then able to import all my pin settings. So, I think all is well now. One interesting note: even after a fresh reinstallation, when I create new configs, the DDR tool comes up with my swizzle already in it. 

Is there yet another badge for this? (kidding!)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
lcotten
Contributor II

I tried that. It didn't work. So, I uninstalled the app, deleted the whole "mcu_data_v13" folder (kept a copy), and reinstalled. Then I created a new config, and the problem is fixed. I was then able to import all my pin settings. So, I think all is well now. One interesting note: even after a fresh reinstallation, when I create new configs, the DDR tool comes up with my swizzle already in it. 

Is there yet another badge for this? (kidding!)

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can check the Preset. If it is Custom then changes are applied to default configuration, otherwise it should show Default LPDDR4 Configuration.

addiyi_0-1683286698723.png

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please go to C:\ProgramData\NXP\mcu_data_v13 and delete the processor folder. After that recreate the project from scratch.

Adrian

0 Kudos