Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command line partition table parsing on MX53

Jump to solution
Rooney
Contributor III

Hello!

Can anyone explain how to get my u-boot partions parsed via command line to the kernel to get rid of the board specific mapping (see nand_flash_partitions in mx53_evk.c)?

The relevant options have already been enabled in the kernel (v2.6.35.3, "Command line partition table parsing") so I'm sure the relevant functions are build in.

If I set the command line nothing happens.

console=ttymxc0,115200n8 video=mxcdi0fb:RGB24,XGA di0_primary ldb=di0 mtdparts=mxc_nandv2_flash.0:512k@0x0(u-boot),128k@0x80000(u-bootenv),5Mk(kernel),-(rootfs) root=/dev/nfs ip=dhcp nfsroot=192.168.1.122:/tftpboot/rootfs,v3,tcp

The function parse_cmdline_partitions in drivers/mtd/cmdlinepart.c is called and the parsed partitions are correct (did a printk), but why are they not created? Must these partitions additionally passed to the board specific code? Are the partitions stored in a global variable so I can assign them to the struct nand_flash_partitions?

Regards,

Rooney

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
max_tsai
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hi

if parse_cmdline_partitions allocates memory for pparts well, your nand driver should get the partition information from uboot. Or your nand driver should define static partition infromation by self. You might refer to drivers/mtd/nand/*

Regards,

Max

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
max_tsai
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hi

if parse_cmdline_partitions allocates memory for pparts well, your nand driver should get the partition information from uboot. Or your nand driver should define static partition infromation by self. You might refer to drivers/mtd/nand/*

Regards,

Max

0 Kudos