Choosing v4l2_subdev or mxc_v4l2_capture / v4l2-int-device For MIPI CSI-2 Interface ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing v4l2_subdev or mxc_v4l2_capture / v4l2-int-device For MIPI CSI-2 Interface ?

mustafabakircio
Contributor IV

Hello guys ;

I have been writing about same issues but I could not get the required advice or idea. I would like to know which device structers should I use for mipi csi-2 camera for camera device driver which will work on imx6q(wandboard quad). I tried the ov5640_mipi.c code as a reference but it did not work, because of the ov5640_mipi is using parallel bus structer but in my camera I will use csi-2 structer ( 4 data lane and 1 i2c clock ) and I will get the video from gstreamer and then stream from Internet. When I googled  about the v4l2 mipi csi-2 it shows me v4l2_subdev structers and all things are changes .I would  change all the code if it is neccessary , but I need to know in which way should  go , in that way  i will avoid from obscurity.  According to the right informationing I will work on the code more efficiently. Unfortunately it takes too much time  if I  try my chance without knowing what is useful or not , what could work or does not effect anything? . If any body has experience about this type camera driver , can give me advice or right knowledge. it would be very appreciated.

Thanks.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I send the refence document for you , hope helpful for you.

0 Kudos

mustafabakircio
Contributor IV

Hello joanxie

Thank you for replay , but I did not receive reference document :smileysad:, Would you send it again ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

ok, I send it to you again, if you still couldn't download it, pls create a new case in salesforce, I can send it to you by mail

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-339925 

0 Kudos