Changing boot logo

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing boot logo

JamesRobinson
Contributor II

This seems like a noob question, but I can't find the answer anywhere.....

I have changed, and even disabled the boot logo for my iMX28EVK in the kernel menus, but the logo is still being presented on display at boot.

Is there anything special about he build process for the MX28 tools chain that I need to do to change the logo?

Thanks,

James

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

JamesRobinson
Contributor II

Here is the weird part, I am using LTIB to build my kernel and I have added support for the USB wireless dongle and also a custom driver added to the build tree. I have compiled them in and not left them as modules. I see the new drivers, but when I turn off the logo option it still shows.....

I will try again tonight to disable the logo and rebuild the .sb.

Thanks for your help on this.

James

0 Kudos

AhmetYUCE
Contributor II
I've changed then disabled boot up logo using the kernel options to above. Bootlets have nothing about framebuffer, there is no u-boot, so logo is up to the kernel. If you are not using LTIB, i would suggest using LTIB to build imx28_ivt_linux.sb kernel image. It's easiest way to get a patched kernel source tree and combine bootlets & kernel into a single .sb file. Regards Ahmet
0 Kudos

JamesRobinson
Contributor II

Ahmet, I did this an it still shows up. 

Rogerio, Ya this is a big time saver seeing that I am playing with the full gcc tool set and Mono... Takes almost >5min to load the sd card, even with a fast sd card.

Sooooo.....

Did Freescale do something weird and hardcode the logo on the MX28?

Has anyone tried turning off the logo after the first build?

Thanks,

James

0 Kudos

RogerioNunes
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

But remember that when working with iMX28 it's not the pure kernel image (uImage) that you use, but the imx28_linux.sb file, which has to be regenerated as well when you change the kernel.

To rebuild imx28_linux.sb you can do:

./ltib -p boot_stream.spec

If you are constantly changing the kernel, you can do:

./ltib -p boot_stream.spec -m prep

./ltib -p boot_stream.spec -m scbuild

And then only:

./ltib -p boot_stream.spec -m scdeploy, each time you change the kernel, which should save you some time.

Regards.

0 Kudos

AhmetYUCE
Contributor II
Unchecking Device Drivers > Graphics Support > Bootup Logo should be enough to turn off boot logo. Regards Ahmet
0 Kudos