Can we connect ADB via ethernet if the Android board does not have adb via USB?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we connect ADB via ethernet if the Android board does not have adb via USB?

abhiroopnray
Contributor III

I am using a custom IMX8MPLUS board in which I can flash the Android image and boot up.

But I am not able to connect adb via USB. I can check the filesystem via debug-UART cable.

If I enable the Wifi or ethernet and connect the board to internet, is there any way to access the board with ADB ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

abhiroopnray
Contributor III

Hi @brian14 

We are not going to have WiFi here. But ethernet is available.

We can get ip address from ethernet connection. In that case is there any way to access the board to push/install adb?

Thanks,

Abhiroop

0 Kudos

brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @abhiroopnray ,

I just tried to connect with iMX8M Plus using ADB over Ethernet using the following steps:

1. First, you need to know the IP Address.
2. Use adb connect <IP_ADRRESS>, you will have to receive a "connected to <IP_ADDRESS:5555>.

If you receive the following message: cannot connect to <IP_ADDRESS:5555>: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. (10061).
You must use this command: "adb tcpip 5555"

If this command doesn't work undoubtedly have to connect over USB to ADB and apply "adb tcpip 5555".
Then you can disconnect USB and apply the above steps 1 and 2.

Best regards, Brian.

0 Kudos

brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @abhiroopnray ,

Yes, you can connect your iMX8M Plus custom board over Wi-Fi following Android documentation in the following link:

Android Debug Bridge | ADB

In this link you will find information to connect using Android Studio but, if you want you can use the command line in your PC, with the following section:

Wi-Fi Connection using Command Line

I hope this information will be helpful.
Have a great day.

Best regards, Brian.

0 Kudos